Revitalization of historic properties across the country has helped enhance and preserve the economic value of properties and their surrounding neighborhoods. Revitalization is often a potent catalyst for economic development because it builds on the fabric of the local community.
We will be a national brand name investing in the New Center community. We will provide a safe, acceptable refuge for urban pioneers as they re-enter and secure their news residences and businesses in the area. Our entrance will reinforce efforts made by others to stabilize the area.
A Little History
The seven-story N.B.C. building at 899 West Baltimore Street in New Center, built in 1920, is the result of the collaboration of Adolphus Green (1843-1917), first chairman of the board and later president of the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco), and his architect, Albert G. Zimmermann (1866-1947). Green wanted factories that would have style and dignity to inspire loyalty from the workers and act as models of modernity to the communities in which they stood.